Monday, November 22, 2010

MY FIRST OFFICIAL THANKSGIVING MEAL!

I am totally stoked that after 6 years of marriage I am finally cooking my own Thanksgiving meal!
Why so long you ask- well living so far away from my immediate "maiden" family as I call them requires me to travel home any chance I get for - lets face it , the food not the family : ) Just Kidding

Every year I have traveled home for Turkey day and this year Im staying put and cooking my own meal- my way- just the way I like it. Im stoked and cant wait to have my first official family Thanksgiving with my boys.

Im already thinking of super-cheesy ideas to help Gus get into the spirit- possibly making pilgrim and Indian hats for the table. I shall relive my sisters childhood dream of becoming Pocahontas for a night while the boys done their pilgrim gear.

Looking forward to making my dads famous baked mac n cheese- with my twist of course (bacon and horseradish- yummo!), cream cheese and chives mashed potatoes, roasted buternut squash, Apple and onion stuffing, but Im still up in the air about a possible second vegetable and dessert.
We aren't pumpkin pie type peoples- so Im searching for something family friendly and easy....
any suggestions ?

No comments:

Post a Comment