Friday, April 8, 2011

February Summary

February brought in a wave of change and panic.

I'm busting along in studies and a speed bump landed before me.

I must explain a back story first....
CTE is an education degree in which you must certify your real world working experience before you are eligible to teach. You can only be accepted into the program if you know what in the world you are talking about. It again is genius- a teacher who lived, breathed, sweated, and screamed in an environment they are teaching about. Not some fatty with a limp who teaches math and has never ever applied or used it in a real world context.

Again- have I mentioned how CTE is going to be the be norm? ok back to the story....

Well I was preliminarily accepted into the program and allowed to take courses as I had illustrated my experiences within corporate America however there are rules and stipulations - jargon and legalities above my pay grade that had to be looked at to determine the best course of my studies.

So a month into the program I'm told Business, Management, and Marketing will the be the subjects or core area I am allowed to teach in however I need to display a bit more Marketing experience before they sign off on my teaching license.

WHAT?!?! I have to go find a marketing job now- how in the hell and where in H- E double hockeysticks am I going to find one in this economy.

After pulling a few strings with professors and calling on some contacts I landed a wonderful and exciting opportunity with the new ball and chain for the next chapter of my life, B&L Information systems
Welcome to my new project

I am the new Marketing Director/Coordinator for the company. I am super excited and extremely nervous about the endeavor as I will be the solo Marketing person for a company looking to expand and grow in a niche market. So I've got my work cut out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment